About Me

Friday, August 27, 2010

Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not?

First of all, now I can picture myself as a technopreneur, but taking the same career path as Steve Job?, I think he is way capable of managing a business like his business, Apple Computers and Macintosh, than me managing the same business. As I watched the movie, Pirates of Silicon Valley, the thoughts abruptly came to my mind and keep thinking to myself; if I am going to take the same career path as Steve Jobs' maybe then I could be like him and make myself a good technopreneur and what if I don't take the same career path as Steve Jobs' and make my own career path, then I could make myself what ever I wanted to be. If I will make my own career path, I could work at a big and good company that has a high salary, good enough to provide my needs and wants. I did accept the fact that I’m not that good as Steve Jobs in terms of communication. I don't bear a charismatic personality or factor that can lead me into my success of being a technopreneur. though I have faith in myself and believed that I could be as successful as Steve Jobs and also Bill Gates, I can never fool myself to believe that I can make a businessman like them. Then the answer that I will state is a definite NO, because of the fact that I’m not like him at all, even though I could at least possibly be a technopreneur someday I will not the same career path as his. There certain characteristics of him that I did not have and I don’t need to have, just for the reason that I don’t like it. And it really bothers me that why would I take the same career path as his if I can make my own career path in my own way and maybe, just maybe, in a better way. Though I’m not that confident that I can be a technopreneur but I’m that sure that I will be a high-earner employer or employee and keeping in my mind that it is to be an employer that I must achieve not to be an employer.

I will not take the same path as Steve Jobs, why? It’s because it is not that easy to take a career path especially in the field of technology. Nowadays, many companies that are in the technology business and obviously it is not that easy to make a company like that. I’m not sure that if I put myself into a computer business like Steve Jobs, it would be a hit or could get any popular like his, because computer businesses nowadays are so at-the-top that if you'll try to make a business that involves computers, you can never make certain your success into that business. As I said earlier it is never an ease to get in a business like Apple Computers and Microsoft Corporation, even if you don’t have to compete with them globally there are many competitors out there in the urban that you have to face. And as we all know that numerous of operating systems right now are out in the market and there are also open-source operating systems that can be downloaded through the use of internet. So the questions came to my mind and ask myself, “So, why would I take the same career path as Steve Jobs and including Bill Gates if there are a lot of these kinds of computer software out there?”, then I could put in the picture that if I will make a business like there’s, I have a small chance of excelling in that kind of business.


Reflecting to the movie that I watched a week ago, there are many factors of his characteristics/personality that I don't like in Steve Jobs that gives me another reason why I can’t take the same career path as his. Like him being a short tempered boss to his subordinates. I think I could not be like that when I’m a boss I would be much patient to my subordinates and understand them as well, because as a leader to them I must lead them in the right direction that they will be more motivated under my leadership and also to gain their trust for the good of my company. The Steve Jobs that they knew of being a tough and a rough boss is not also forgotten. A tough and rough boss has never and will never come into my mind, because if I’m going to be a technopreneur, because I know to myself that it can bring me down from my success. I don’t like him as a self-centered person that only makes him think of his own self and to the company without knowing that the people around him are left behind him. Finally, the last thing I don’t really like in him is being a stubborn; he never listens to others’ opinions, suggestions and never wanted to be told by another people. And even the downfalls and all the bad or negative things that are said to him, he did endure all of that without bothering it much. 


Wanting much to decide what you really want to be in the future, there is no acquiring that you can be in a career in the future the way you planned it to be, because the things happen in this life of ours are just choices we need to choose. And when unfortunate things deal with you your life abruptly but slightly changes its path yet always makes you the leader of your own life. Whether you want to make your own path in the direction you want it to be or not, you just have to make the right decision for the right choices. No one wants to fail in our lives especially the things or people that we hold on to and those people who hold onto us. The least that we can do right now is to drive our own lives to the paths where we wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment