About Me

Monday, August 23, 2010

Being a technopreneur someday.. XD

How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?

This is a bit confusing question for me to take, because at first I really didn't see myself as a technopreneur someday. but then the subject course called technopreneurship where did I enrolled in, I came to think about "what is technopreneurship?", its a subject course that teaches us about both technology and entrepreneurship together at the same time. Maybe technopreneurship as I define it to myself is also about earning money through technology. First things first, there are a lot of resources around us in order for us to become a successful technopreneur. It’s just, many people, especially those who were illiterate about computers and technological stuff, don't know about technopreneurship. So that's why those who were literate about computers like us students taking Bachelor of Science in information technology and Bachelor of Science in computer science has to become a technopreneur. Because when we start and run a business, we could hire those people who have no job as our employees and give them a job. So we can help ourselves to have a financial freedom and at the same time, we can help other people. especially that there are allot of people here in Davao city that has no job at all and finding a hard time to get a job because the Philippines suffers from job inflation based on the statistics. Fortunately, if allot of computer literate students will become a technopreneur, there are also allot of opportunities for those people who are jobless. And by that Davao city will attract more investors, specifically foreign investor, to come here in Davao city and invest to the companies managed by us computer literate students.

When I learn that technopreneurship subject course has its perspective about being an employer instead of being an employee. It has been thought to us by our good professor that we need and must have such kind of mindsets in order to go further. Remembering the activity we had in our class, connecting the nine dots using four lines contiguous without lifting the pen/pencil from the paper. With the activity we had, I learned an idiom expression "think outside the box". I abruptly say to myself "why didn't I think of that", it's because I did focus only on those things that are obvious not knowing that if I think differently that time and see things further than the usual, I would've got it correctly. Thinking more creatively without being restricted by common ideas could help you become a good employer. I did start thinking that why not I become an employer and seeing myself as a successful technopreneur someday in a company that I own, run and manage. And a change of mindset is a good thing that has happened to me. Though my mindset about the employer-employee thing is changed I still have my doubts of being a technopreneur. Then I did some soul-searching. And still there are many questions I’d like to ask myself before engaging of becoming a technopreneur, like;

• I ask myself, whether I am capable of running a business or not?
• Am I really going to be dedicated to risk the loss of something when I drag myself into this?
• How am I going to start my own business and become a technopreneur?
• how can I manage my time in building the company and at the same time having time for myself and,
• Finally, can I really earn money with this?

These questions coming through my mind are just the thoughts I need to decide am I really going to be a technopreneur or just stick to the way it is suppose to be, by becoming an employee of a company. And bring back the old mindset I have and forget the new mindset that I learned from the subject course technopreneurship.

And as I encounter this kind of question, it bugs me out and something has come to my mind; me, becoming a technopreneur someday or the other way around, be an employee of a company. Different kinds of thoughts came to my mind about technopreneurship and it can help me decide whether I’m going to be a technopreneur or not at all. But I did see my self working at a good company, being a good employer to his employees. Motivating each and one of them, the same as I motivate myself for every problem I crossed. As a good employer I may able to adapt well to changes and be flexible, overcoming weaknesses and reinforcing my strengths, manages resources well, and leading the company itself and its employees. And not leaving behind the idiom "think outside the box", because as a good and hardworking employer implies changes in a company and obliterating old methods in research and solving solutions for the company. Not only should the employer apply this to oneself but also with the employees in the company. As a technopreneur, I would like to see myself working with my friends because it would be more comfortable for me to work with the ones I have known for a long time. then I would like to see myself as a model CEO to other CEOs of other companies and it is because of my leadership and having my company grow globally as what they least expected. Also I want see that my company would grow globally competitive to other companies. And for the company I want to see picture it that it is dealing with technological stuffs like; gadgets, computers, computer software, computer hardware, laptops or notebooks and net books. It also deals with networking devices, tools and software. The company has its own command center for all the Bachelor of Science in information technology students and Bachelor of Science in computer science students for them to nurture and leverage off their own skills. Maybe I would like my company having branches through out the country and perhaps in the other countries.

Thinking that it is not hard to be a successful technopreneur, well, think again. it's easy for us to foresaw things the way we want it to be, but its not the same as the reality and without the right factors or characteristics of being a good technopreneur your way too far to your expectations to what you want to become someday. But with knowing the factors of being a good technopreneur, especially the SEED, you might become one someday. And I was hoping that all the things mentioned above will happen just the way I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment